Wear sunglasses that block UV rays UV-blocking sunglasses are important for protecting the delicate skin around the eyes, as well as the eyes themselves. Research has shown that long hours in the sun without protecting your eyes increase your chances of developing some eye diseases.
*Copyright American cancer Society at cancer.org 2013
- A Parent’s Guide to Skin Protection (also available in Spanish)
- Melanoma Skin Cancer (also available in Spanish)
- Skin Cancer: Basal and Squamous Cell (also available in Spanish)
- Sun Basics: Skin Protection Made Simple (brochure for children aged 8 to 14)
- Why You Should Know About Melanoma (also available in Spanish)
- National organizations and Web sites*