Friday, October 30, 2015

SANOFI Allergy Injectors RECALLED!

SANOFI Allergy Injectors RECALLED!

Sanofi is recalling hundreds of thousands of epinephrine injectors used to treatsevere allergic reactions because they may not deliver the correct amount of the life-saving drug.
The recall includes all Auvi-Q injections currently on the U.S. market, or roughly 490,000 packs of the devices, the company said in a press release. Most packs include two injectors.
Sanofi's product competes with Mylan's EpiPen, which is a staple of first-aid care. Both products are used to treat allergic reactions caused by insect bites and stings, foods, medicines or other substances.
About 200,000 people in the U.S. have Sanofi's injector, according to company estimates.
The French drug and vaccine maker said it has received 26 reports of malfunctions with the injectors. None involved patient deaths, according to the company announcement.
Consumers can call 1-866-726-6340 or visit the product's website for information on how to return the injector. They should also contact their health provider to get a prescription for an alternate device.
"As this is a life-saving device, it is important that consumers understand not only to return the recalled device, but to get a replacement epinephrine auto-injector first," said a company spokeswoman in an emailed statement.
Auvi-Q auto injectors were distributed throughout the U.S. through pharmacies, hospitals and wholesalers. The Paris-based company said it has kept the Food and Drug Administration abreast of the recall. The agency approved Auvi-Q in August 2012.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete